MEET THE TEAM
John Cawley is the founder of Sydney Movement Studio. John is a Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor and Functional Movement Specialist that believes every weakness can be turned into a strength and is passionate about instilling this belief with all clients. John has extensive experience in helping clients who have had injuries and is dedicated to helping everyone keep moving and leading a healthy lifestyle, with a big focus on movement, mobility and efficient, natural and functional training.
He is dedicated to helping everyone keep moving and leading a healthy lifestyle. John offers both 1 on 1 Personal Training and Group Fitness, and specialises in the following areas:
- Pilates For Rehab / Prehab / Improved Posture / Muscle Imbalances, (Reformer & Mat)
- Functional Movement Screening & Corrective Exercises
- Injury Prevention / Recovery
- Weight Loss
- Strength Training
- Functional Training
- High Intensity Interval Training
- Fitness For Clients with Disabilities
- Older Adults Training
- Fitness Training for Children
- Plant Based Nutrition Advice
John’s Fitness Qualifications:
- Cert III in Fitness - AIPT
- Cert IV in Fitness - AIPT
- Functional Movement Systems Certificate Levels 1 & 2
- Strength Training Level 1 –FiaFitNation
- Dealing With Back Pain – FiaFitNation
- Dealing With Knee Pain – FiaFitNation
- Personal Training For Special Populations - FiaFitNation
- Foam Roller & Myofascial Release - Active Anatomy
- Rehabilitation Concepts – Active Anatomy
- Pilates Matwork - Studio Pilates
- Intensive Matwork Pilates - STOTT
- Pilates Reformer - RPX Fitness
- Certified First Aid & CPR
- Registered with Fitness Australia
- Certified with NDIS, (National Disability Insurance Service) to train clients with Disabilities
Iris strives to challenge, empower and inspire through her classes, sharing the life-enhancing effects that yoga has to offer – strong, flexible, stable body and quiet, focused mind.
Iris' classes incorporate asana (postures), pranayama (breathing), meditation, philosophy and music. Sequences range from dynamic and strengthening to gentle and restorative. In her classes, she caters for all levels of yoga experience, from beginners to advanced.
Classes are often themed, for example, yoga for the chakras, yoga and traditional chinese medicine meridian theory, back-bends, inversions, etc. There is a strong focus on correct alignment in order to develop awareness of the safe and optimal way to embody the postures.
Iris has over 25 years of practical yoga experience and has completed her 350hr advanced yoga teacher training. She is a member of both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia. In addition, she is a qualified yin yoga teacher.
Iris is also a professional artist, vegan and animal rights advocate, as well as a keen argentine tango dancer.
Laura studied Pilates Mat, Pilates Reformer and pre and post-natal with Elixr School of Pilates in 2014 and is always looking to further her education as her love for human movement to greater one’s well-being continues to grow and develop.
Laura deliver’s an enjoyable class that challenge students to strengthen their range of movement but also to help develop ones understanding of their unique abilities and personal development through the Pilates technique. Her nurturing approach to teaching coupled with a strong class plan are suited to all level’s.
Tanja is a certified Pilates Teacher by the APMA (Australian Pilates Method Association - 500hrs) and regularly attends workshops and seminars for continued professional development..
For the past 3 years she has taught at various studios. She also works part time in a corporate role in the medical sector.
Pilates has improved not only her, but also her clients “corporate posture”.
Tanja’s personable and caring nature has led her to a career in teaching and making a positive difference in people’s life. She enjoys sharing the concept of Pilates for general well-being and fitness, as well as a preventative and rehabilitative tool. She believes that a strong body goes hand in hand with a strong mind. Tanja is fun and engaging when teaching, tailoring classes to individual needs and guiding clients with a keen eye for detail through safe and correct movements.
In here leisure time Tanja loves dancing, laughing, hanging upside down and is passionate about all things health-related.