1). Drink Fresh Vegetable & Fruit juice; losing the fibre in vegetables and fruits makes it far easier for your body to absorb and digest the other nutrients. Extended juice fasts and feasts give your digestion a rest which means you have far more energy for other bodily functions.
2). Improve Sleep quality; sleep is so vital on many levels, it’s when our body heals and repairs, digests and detoxifies in many ways, squeezing in more sleep whenever you can will help you. But don’t think lying in bed for hours on end is not good either, it’s all about the quality of the actual sleep we get and improving it by cutting out stimulants like coffee and not eating within a couple of hours of going to sleep. It’s also really good to try and sleep at the same time each night and wake at the same time in the morning, but none of us lead perfect lives and we will go through periods of lack of sleep so learn how to get the most from the sleep you do get.
3) Regular Meditation; implement a daily meditation routine, for instance 20 minutes of Transcendental meditation has been scientifically proven to reduce your stress response and help you to sleep much deeper and restfully.
4) Move, Move ;Move! Get movement and exercise in every day, make it mindful movement and exercise aimed at improving your overall quality of life instead of constant high intensity exercise. Short bursts of high intensity exercise a couple of times a week is beneficial, but too much high intensity exercise and you will raise your stress hormone cortisol which will deplete you of energy. Do more walking, Pilates, Stretching, Yoga etc
5) Eat A Whole Food Plant Based Diet; rich in dark leafy greens and an abundant array of vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts etc. A more alkaline diet means your body absorbed the nutrients from the foods easier, when you eat lots of processed foods full of additives and emulsifiers etc this puts a huge load on your internal organs to digest and eliminate them which uses up large amounts of energy and makes you feel lethargic and sluggish.
6) Adaptogenic Herbs; When you’re feeling exhausted, fatigued or stressed, adaptogenic herbs can help. These healing plants balance and restore the body’s natural ability to handle stress by regulating the adrenal system. Some of the best adaptogen herbs that have been shown to boost energy and combat low energy in females and males alike include: ashwagandha, rhodiola, holy basil and ginseng.
7) Stay Hydrated!; did you know that feeling tired and exhausted is one of the first signs of dehydration?, make sure to always maintain optimum hydration and electrolytes in your system for your body to function well.
8) Reduce or Eliminate stimulants like Alcohol or Coffee; if you do drink coffee don’t drink it after 3 PM.
9) Make sure your get adequate B12 and Iron; (B12 is also known as the energy vitamin), if you are Vegan and consume a Plant Based Diet take a good B12 supplement. Monitor Iron levels when you get regular blood tests, make sure you eat a lot of iron rich foods and or supplement if your health professional recommends it.
10) Cut Out Simple Carbs; these are found in sugary drinks, processed foods, breads, white rice, these foods give you a temporary energy boost before your energy rapidly crashed not too long after. Stick to low-glycemic carbohydrates that take the body longer to digest and avoid crash and burn effect. Examples are nuts, legumes, sweet potatoes, brown rice.