Training For Clients with a Disability (NDIS Registered Trainer)
At the Sydney Movement Studio we offer a range of services for people with disabilities. We have trainers registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Programs are customised using a person-centered approach. The following services can be used simultaneously as well as “stand-alone”.
- Individual Fitness Programs – These programs are delivered to individuals with significant health support needs.
- Activity & Nutrition Seminars and Workshops – Aimed at educating service users, support staff and care workers with the most appropriate nutrition and exercise options for people with disabilities.
- Affiliated Services – We work with nutritionists and Allied Health Professionals who have experience in working with people with disabilities.
Number of Participants in Training Sessions:
Private Sessions can be small groups of 3 people, or we also do individual 1 on 1 Personal Training Sessions.
We Cater for People with Several Different Types of Disabilities:
We work with people with physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, Down’s Syndrome and Autism. We also work with wheelchair clients, and can work with people with other disabilities on a case by case basis.
How do people with Disabilities benefit from your Programs?
- Psychological Benefits: Reducing the risk of Psychological problems, such as depression, poor self esteem, negative self image and discrimination.
- Social benefits: Reducing the risk of social isolation.
- Health Benefits: Avoiding obesity and all the associated health risks, including Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pressure, breathing difficulties, digestive disorders, sleep apnea and urinary incontinence.
- Increased strength, cardiovascular health and flexibility.
- Move more freely, live longer, and experience better general well-being.